The Potoo tree house villa represents a unique green organic living space using the legacy of tropical climates to create a structure that withstands the intensity of humid weather. In parts of the world where recycling is a necessity and not a luxury, they craft new from the old. The unique floor of this luxury tree house villa is constructed of ancient Javanese railroad ties. In the evening you can dip into the stone Jacuzzi nestled under the eaves of the terrace or sit on the daybed and watch the green parrots return to the treetops for slumber.
The Potoo tree house villa is an antique 180-year-old traditional farmhouse from the Java Islands of Indonesia. It was painstakingly taken apart, labeled piece by piece, and shipped to Dominical in Costa Rica, then reassembled to its former glory. We wanted to recreate the traditional exquisite Java construction process that uses very few external assembly items such as nails, staples and concrete. It is modernly equipped with vacation rental essentials and amenities, yet it retains its tropical heritage.
It is nestled far away from the other vacation villas and pavilions on the ridge line between the slopes that overlook the Pacific Ocean to the West and the lush rain forest valley to the East.
Facilities and Services:
- Unique tree house feeling due to the elevated stilt construction high over the trees down below
- 2 x 3 meter private stone bath tub on the terrace below
- sunsets from the large iron wood deck surrounding the tree house villa
- antique lazy chairs
- ancient daybed with batik covers
- antique teak furniture
- wireless high speed internet with 6 Meg/sec up and download speed
- Sorry NO TV we decided its too much distraction for such a romantic dream!
1 Bedroom and 1 Bathroom
- handmade teak king size bed with orthopedic mattress
- additional smaller bunk bed
- coral stone bathroom with carved sandstone sink and spacious stone shower
- two sets of cotton bedsheets and fresh towels
Kitchen and Dining room
- teak dining table for 4 persons
- fully equipped kitchen
- 18 cbft Fridge
- 36 inch gas cook top
- coffee maker
Other tree house amenities
- once a week free washing and ironing of your cloth